Sunday, December 16, 2012

If Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery -

Then what is theft?

It seems somebody helped themselves to one of my paintings without paying for it.

I'm glad you like the painting, but does looking at it give you pleasure when you know it doesn't belong to you?  Or is your conscience so calloused that it doesn't bother you?  If that's the case, then I find it curious that a painting could move you enough that you'd be willing to steal it.

Or maybe it's a Christmas gift that you couldn't afford.  Either way, what you did is something you will have to deal with yourself.  I refuse to worry about it.  Christmas is all about a gift that nobody deserved, so merry Christmas to you, and I sincerely hope you enjoy the painting.

2 comments:

Ran said...

Yipes.

Well, it is a compliment of sorts.

Merry Christmas and many blessings to you and your family, Steven.

. . .

PS: I may soon be Skype enabled. Shall let you know when/if. 'Till then, cheers. -Ran

Maggie@MaggiesNotebook said...

How sad. theft has become a way of life for the masses. This one is really, really beautiful.