Sunday, July 22, 2012

A New Commission

Here's my current project; a painting of flowers that are common here. I think they're morning glories, but I don't know if that's right.  Any horticulturalists out there who can straighten me out?  Anyway, a client wants a painting of them so this is what I'm working on these days.   Obviously, I have a long way to go yet, but I thought I'd post this so nobody will think I'm slacking.  Or dead.  


I'm also talking with prospective clients about a portrait or two, and I recently finished this painting of a house.  The residents will soon be departing for another country, and they wanted a reminder of the happy times they spent in their Portuguese home.


This was a challenging job, because it was actually impossible to get this view.  The house is behind a wall, and the space between the wall and the house does not allow for a wide enough view to capture much of the house, so I had to cobble together a complete view from several different angles.  I took a lot of photographs to help with that process.  Here's a short video on the process:

No comments: