Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Score

Yesterday I liberated these five leather suitcases from a rainy trash pile in my neighborhood.  Four of them were made by Ambercrombie and Fitch.  The second smallest was made by Lido of New York.  They all seem to be circa 1930-1940.  The two large ones were encased in zippered canvas covers with leather corner protectors, but I took them off to dry them out.  All the hardware is brass and the leather is in great condition.  Hard to believe someone threw them away, but I'm glad they did.  Along with them, I found a beautiful old leather shotgun case (unfortunately, no shotgun inside) with a red velvet interior, and shipping tags on the outside identifying the owner and his Lisbon address.

1 comment:

Ran said...

Nice. Probably worth more than the plane tickets...