Wednesday, September 01, 2010
A few weeks ago (back when I posted the first pics of Zach's bike) I posted pictures of this chair, which Zoe and I started restoring for our summer project.
I removed the fabric seat and back to use them as patterns, and pulled the chair apart. I replaced the hinge points with oak dowels (It doesn't fold now, but it's stronger.) and Zoe and I sanded and painted it.
We bought a cushion for a pool chair that matched the colors of Zoe's room. I pulled the seams of the cushion apart and cut it to the size of the patterns I'd made for the seat and the back. I took the pieces to a local tailor and had them sew the edges so they wouldn't fray.
Today we put everything together. Here's how it turned out: