Friday, July 09, 2010

More Views of Portugal

This narrow alley leads uphill to my house.  I love the tree that overhangs it, and the way the upper branches catch the morning light while underneath all is shade.


This is another view of the same tree, from the other end of the alley.

This disused train station is also near my home. I used to have no interest at all in painting buildings; I was much more interested in natural landscapes. These days, however, I find myself drawn more and more to architectural subjects.

Here's another building that would be fun to paint, but from a different angle.  I think it would be kind of fun to live in a house with its own belfry. 


There are beautiful homes all over the place, falling into ruin.  This one has a spectacular view of the bay.

1 comment:

Ranald said...

"There are beautiful homes all over the place, falling into ruin. This one has a spectacular view of the bay."

How about purchasing it... Then rent it out as a specialized luxury vacation home? The photos of this location suggest that it's ideally beautiful to become a superb resort.