Wednesday, March 17, 2010

House-hunting in Portugal



After two weeks of looking, here's what we've chosen. There are lots of newer houses, but none had the room, central location, and uniqueness of this place. It's about 5 blocks from the ocean, and within easy bicycling distance of where I'll be working.



There's a courtyard at the center of the house.



I like the high ceilings and great light.




Zach wants to live in the tower.



Beautiful terrace along the front.



The 2nd floor living room has an ocean view,



and a fireplace.



The first floor living room overlooks the pool.



A view of the back of the house.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Glad to see you're back online. The house looks amazing! Plenty of wall space, too.

Ran / Si Vis Pacem said...

Steven,
Congrats! New Assignment, or retired?

BTW, I've moved my website to Wordpress.

Steven Givler said...

Thanks Paul - that's right - lots of room for new paintings.

Ran - I'm eligible to retire later this year, but I'll at least finish out this three year assignment. Thanks for the heads-up on your new web home. I'll be a frequent visitor, and when I figure out how, I'll gladly put up a link to it.

christian soldier said...

What a beautiful home and setting!!-You and your family are going to enjoy the next three years---I can tell...
C-CS