Saturday, April 18, 2009

Finding a bit of America Here in Saudi Arabia


Some of you know that I'm a fan of Airstream and Argosy campers. I was talking about that fact, and about the great friends we've made attending Airstream Ralleys, as I was driving back with my friend from our desert camping trip yesterday. Just as I had finished explaining the differences between Airstreams and their lesser-known step siblings, I looked over to the side of the road and saw this '77 Argosy.
These aren't exactly something you see on a daily basis back home in the US, but here I'd have to say that I was probably looking at one of less than 4 or 5 in the entire kingdom - maybe the entire Arabian Peninsula. What are the odds that we'd drive by one just as I was talking about them?

3 comments:

Donald Douglas said...

Great story, Steven!

Joe Noory said...

Holy smokes! BTW I love airstreams - can't wait to rove around and live in one.

Steven Givler said...

I love them too. My family and I have had some great times in ours.