Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Palm, Wadi Hannifa

You may have noticed that I haven't been posting these last few days. (Then again, you may not have noticed, but I prefer to imagine that you did, and that the suspense has been driving you nuts.) It's because I've been working pretty consistently on this painting, which I am happy to say is now complete.

The month of Ramadan just ended, and Eid, the festival that celebrates the completion of the month of fasting, is in full swing. That means that the embassy is closed for the next couple days, and I will be painting pretty much full-time.

I'll be sure to show you how it's going.

2 comments:

Keith Miller said...

Hey Steven,

Since I check your site nearly everyday for updates, you can rest assured that someone out here is always looking forward to your posts! This painting is lovely, by the way. Nice job on the road.

Keith

Steven Givler said...

Hi Keith,

It's always great to hear from you. Thanks for the encouragement.

I wish I'd taken pictures of this painting as I was working on it. From early on, it asserted itself and insisted on being something other (and better) than I'd intended. I like when that happens, although it's a little scary, and it's hard to take credit for the painting afterwards.