Sunday, May 04, 2008

Painting for my Supper

The weather here in D.C. has been lovely. I bought myself a camera tripod and fixed my french easel to it so I could do some painting outdoors and headed for the National Mall.

I found a nice shady spot and painted this view of the Washington Monument (It's not finished in this photo.) and when people passed by I explained that I was painting for my supper. I said that I'd sell the painting before I left for the day, and whatever the painting brought would be my budget for dinner.

Not only did I meet some very pleasant people, but I ate well last night. I'm heading back this afternoon.

3 comments:

Kijar said...

See Please Here

Keith Miller said...

That's too cool...I'm sure someone got a heck of a deal buying your meal for that painting! Hope you're doing well. Catch me up when you can.

Keith

Little Motherling said...

Just saw the pictures of both of your children..What beautiful treasures..

Alysha and I remember you in our prayers.

Lovingly,
Motherling & Kiddling