Saturday, January 20, 2007

Evening, East of Eden




Here are two paintings of one of my favorite views, the lettuce fields of the Salinas Valley against the backdrop of the western mountain range as the sun sinks toward the ocean.

The bottom image is 5 inches by 21 inches, and the top one is 3 X 10.

Lots of hopeful news about my paintings these days. A local group of coffee shops has asked me to hang my work on their walls, and a local framing shop asked to display one too. They also want to carry my prints.

Meanwhile, paintings at Mimosa of Carmel continue to sell well. It's hard to believe that less than a year ago I hadn't sold a single painting.

Lest I begin to think I deserve any credit for these little successes, I hasten to remind myself that God is exceedingly gracious and provides for me beyond my wildest dreams. To Him belongs the glory.

No comments: