Monday, November 20, 2006

Angle of Attack

As my buddy Keith will tell you, one of the hardest things about painting is resuming work on a project that, for whatever reason, you've set aside for a reasonable length of time.

And so it's been with this painting of an F-18 over Iraq. You can see from my archives that I began it quite some time ago, and had to put it aside for a while. This weekend I finally got back at it though, and now you can see the result.

By the way, this has been a great couple days for selling paintings. "Fort Ord," which is one of my larger landscapes, sold on Friday - the original as well as a full-size print. I also heard from a serious potential buyer of another largish landscape (I hope I don't jinx the sale by mentioning it.) and talked to two people who are considering commissioning me to paint for them.

4 comments:

Keith Miller said...

Well...at least you finish your products, Steven. I, on the other hand, squeak out one far too seldom... Oh, and I write this also to officially inform you that you've been drafted. Report to the U.S. Senate immediately...it really doesn't matter which office you move into...whichever you choose will mark a good start.

Steven Givler said...

NO! That's it; we're moving to Canada...

Ghecko said...

Sigh, I can't get anyone to draft me anymore. Can I lie about my age and say I'm younger than I am?

Steven Givler said...

Ha! They know who you are.

Ghecko, DLI is very strange 20 years later. All these kids running around - were we that young when we were here?