Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Study for a Commissioned Painting


I'm only about half-way finished with finals for this, the last quarter of my master's program, but I needed a break last night. I've been commissioned to do a painting of the local coastline, and the deadline is coming up quickly, so I figured I could kill two birds with one stone last night. I got a bit of a break from studying and I did this study for what will be a much larger painting in the near future.

I think the commissioned work will have one or two more cypress trees, possibly with their tops just visible over the rise in the foreground. Other than that, I think this'll be pretty close to how the big painting will look. Of course, that painting may have other ideas. I kid myself about having some kind of control over the process, but a lot of the time paintings kind of take over and end up having their own way.

No comments: