Friday, July 14, 2006

Field and Mountains


Here's a little painting I did tonight. I've had a couple ideas floating around in my head about how to do foregrounds and this was a test for one of them. I think it turned out well.

The rains are finished here until fall, and the hills and canyons are covered now with dry, golden grass. This is mountain lion country, and it's easy to see how a big cat could glide along unseen while stalking its prey; the grass is a perfect match for the color of a lion's coat.

2 comments:

Gradual Dazzle said...

Splendid. I really love your work, Steven. I hope I get to see it in person someday.

Steven Givler said...

Holy mackerel! another comment; that makes something like 5 since I started this blog.

Thanks for the kind words, Kris. I'm a frequent visitor to your site and admire your paintings.

Steven