Friday, March 10, 2006

New Mexico Spring


If Carmel, CA is one of the most beautiful parts of the country (and it is) why am I painting New Mexico? Sometimes an image lodges in my brain and refuses to leave until I paint it. That's what happened with this one.

I like this panoramic format. The painting is 28 X 8 inches. I happen to have several nice frames in this size and I had some mats cut to fit them, so whenever I want to paint a panoramic western landscape I have a ready-made home for it.

It's been a while, so I should probably mention that the original reason for establishing this site was to post updates on my book, Notes of Joy and Sadness which is a collection of letters and paintings from my two deployments in support of the War on Terror. It'll be out to the bookstores in May.

You can view many of the paintings of Iraqi scenes as well as read excerpts and reviews in the January archives of this site. Very soon now, I should have a proof of the book, as well as the final cover design. I'll post them as soon as I get them.

No comments: