Friday, March 24, 2006

Canyon Shadows

Winter rains have turned the hills green now, but I'm still working from photos of fall's golden hills. I guess I should get out more.

This photo of the painting is unevenly lighted, so it shows up lighter than it should in the top left corner and darker in the bottom right corner. Who knew that being a painter would entail so much work on improving my photography?

I heard today that Operation Homecoming, the anthology of war stories being published by Random House, will be out in September, and will be one of that publisher's lead titles. This book will feature two of the stories I wrote home from my deployments.

You can read more of my deployment stories and see paintings of scenes in and around Iraq when my book, Notes of Joy and Sadness is released in May. To see some of the paintings and read excerpts and reviews, please visit my January archives.

No comments: