Saturday, February 25, 2006

Valley in Shadow


I finished this one last night. A late-afternoon rainstorm a week or so ago produced a spectacular double rainbow. I got home, grabbed my camera and my son and drove to a good spot to take some pictures. When we turned back west to head home, the lowering sun was bathing hilltops in orange light while the floor of the Carmel Valley was in shadow.

Funny how you go out intending to get a picture of a rainbow, and wind up with an image of something entirely different.

If you haven't already, please feel free to scroll down and view the cover art for my book, "Notes of Joy and Sadness" which will be out in May. The book is paintings and letters from my two deployments in support of the War on Terror. The bulk of the paintings from the book can be found in the archives.

No comments: